Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Relationship Beyond Love : Part (2)

  "Well, look, you really need to think over it. Your relationship was on its last legs. You have just been out of a broken relationship,Ryan. Sometimes a relationship stagnate for so long that you actually forget what it is like to feel alive and happy.You weren't happy with her, so this painful experience is worth it. You don't have to wait and hope for the better. Things never get better until we make them. Don't ruin yourself. Playing video games and living on potato chips,is that a life?" 
"And now stop behaving like girls." I said as I heard more of groaning.

"AISHA! THE DOOR'S THERE". My cue to leave.


This is how our last conversation had ended, just a couple weeks ago. And since then we had not met. I have known him for so long. And how terribly one could react to some piece of truth,I had seen. Well, he deserved it.


It was 10.00 p.m. sharp on 3rd march .My phone buzzed  Just two days from Ryan's birthday. I had no idea why would Jason call me. Jason, well, he is a more manly person, one of my closest friends and Ryan's brother. We all three had been together since kindergarten. But some three years ago, he left the town and since then, he never turned up. We had last talked before months. And why would he ring me at 10, I had no clue.


Without giving much a thought, I picked up the phone to hear a distressed voice, as high as a piccolo and louder than a trumpet,the affliction clearly reflected in his voice.I wondered if it was him but the  perceptions confirmed his identity.And then he uttered something terrible. A thing more terrible than to know that Ryan had failed in this semester too. His Mom and Dad had met an accident. It's been days. A car thrashed them. Though they survived, but the fatal injury in the head resulted in a brain damage caused by lack of oxygen for so long. And there are no hopes,the doctor had concluded. He believed Ryan had  already told me. My heart daunted at the thought of this. How would have Ryan felt! 


He was upset for so long because of this. These boys! Never share their feelings. I was dumbstruck. I had all my sympathy with him and no complaints. I would have created a hubbub if such had happened to me.  


That was why I had made up my mind to visit him on his birthday. I knew there would be no celebrations and he would be all alone with his thoughts, totally forlorn. And I had set my mind ,firmly, that I would tell him whatever I feel for him.


 It was firmly implanted on my mind how and what would I do. I had practiced it for so long in front of the mirror. I wished everything would be alright. 


And it was after months, that I prayed to God. The atheism was long gone.I remember, on the day of my examination results, I would be the most religious person on the planet. And for rest of the year, I would be agnostic. I prayed for Ryan's well being and paid condolence to his Mom and Dad. They were as good as dead. And the second last thing I told him,actually wished,...well....

The last one was that I would never seek his help again,never,never. A thing that I never forget to say after closing my conversations with him.

And then came the night.


And came the time. But the things were a little indifferent and unexpected.



To be cont.














3 comments: